3.23.2009

sunny day sunday

Mason & I were teaching Pre-School... and the cutest lil kid came on Sunday. His name was Jimi. Mason told the kiddos the Bible story for the day (Jesus traveling to teach people about God). After the story we asked some questions. The first question was "Where did Jesus go?" and Jimi raised his hand... "to da quiet place". I decided to question him further so I added, "What did Jesus do at the quiet place?" ... Jimi looked at me completely clueless, so I clasped my hands together & bowed my head - making the universal sign of prayer - and Jimi said, "oh, oh... He frew his hands togedder". Needless to say, we cracked up! :]]] The little guy was only 3. So sweet.

Not so sweet - was the clueless young lady at walmart. Im minding my own business grabbing a 3lb bag of cheese and some girl probably in her 20's in a little purple summer dress and super high heels looks me up and down and decides I'm probably smarter than she is and asks, "how many ounces make a pound?" ... "16" I replied pretty quickly... "really!?...Thanks!!" she said & looked back down at the package. So when I got home I asked my brother, "hey Nate(still in Jr. High), how many ounces are in a pound?", "16...why?". And with that I concluded I wasn't being TOO critical.

We also got to see our future apartment on Sunday-its tiny[ < 700 sq ft.] & perfect. We ate lunch at Carrabbas with our favs H&B and finished it off with the "blemished" study, my homemade chicken & cheese enchiladas for dinner, and some 4 on 5 [windy] volleyball. It was a great day... not to mention I got the kids in Pre-school to put on animal hand puppets and sing "old mcdonald had a farm...e i e i o" :] Its a good, good life.

1 comment:

  1. well, confession...

    I might as well have been that girl at wal-mart...My head is filled with useless information like song lyrics, chord progressions, and hilarious jokes. I've also got a nogginfull of pregnancy information, and mothering tips... With all that, who has room for weights and measurements?

    ReplyDelete