3.17.2009

"most of us have our own grief, broken dreams, & damaged hearts...

each of us with our own unique losses, our own 'shack'."

If you haven't read The Shack yet... you can borrow my copy! It is an "ahh haaa" book, especially for those who have been in church their whole lives. The story is a story of grace, I remember back in the day when I never thought I'd need grace & now that I do, I don't know how to accept it from a perfect God. This book re-opened my eyes to God's promises of true grace & freedom in "christianity".

My favorite dialogue Mack (main character) with Papa (God) & Sarayu (the Holy Spirit):
"Are you saying I don't have to follow the rules?" Mack had completely stopped eating and was concentrating on the conversation.

"Yes. In Jesus you are not under any law. All things are lawful."

"You can't be serious! You're messing with me again," moaned Mack.

"Child," interrupted Papa, "You ain't heard nuthin' yet."

"Mackenzie," Sarayu continued, "those who are afraid of freedom are those who can not trust us to live in them. Trying to keep the law is actually a declaration of independence, a way of keeping control."

The Shack - Wm. Paul Young - Pg. 203

Wow, what a free-ing & truth-ful statement. It gets better but I won't go on, you should read it ALL for yourself.

On a lighter note:
Happy St. Patty's Day!

And back to a more serious note:
Pray for my nephew Brody. He goes into surgery soon... to release the fluid off his swelling brain. Pray for Heather & Bret too. Also Doctor's found another brain bleed on baby Kylee. Remember to pray with great FAITH, because "Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you can not see." Hebrews 11:1.



And back again to a lighter note:
Im 1/2 way done baking the cakes to make my trial 3-tiered wedding cake... what can I say... I like a good baking challenge. I'll post pictures of it soon :]]] It's supposed to look something like this...




then I'll be adding edible shimmer stuff and my ribbon will be aqua blue. The topper will be a 4" letter "K" but I haven't bought it yet so it won't be here in time for the trial cake... I might throw some Gerber daisies on the top too, we'll see. When it's finished we can have a cake eating par-tay!? anyone? I really shouldn't eat any, I ordered a size 4 wedding dress. :/



well, blogging is kinda fun. I'm still getting used to it.
Im out,








1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your cake! I think your topper should be a banana and an orange... :P

    ReplyDelete